Deadline January 18
Are you interested in how we curate and commission artworks and events for the Isle of Portland? Do you want to try and test it out yourself?
From February 2021 – October 2021 b-side will train, mentor and support 5 emerging curators from the Dorset to:
- Learn more about curating events and artworks that are responsive & specific to place / people / geography / history
- Take the lead to curate an event / artwork for b-side festival 2021
The New Curators will develop skills in the following:
- How to curate site-specific artwork
- Responding to a brief
- Project management and marketing
- Demonstrating social impact and telling stories digitally
- Income generation, fundraising and budgeting
- Working with communities
As a b-side New Curator you will receive:
- Training & mentorship from b-side & other professional curators
- A bursary of £675 to go towards travel and time spent on the programme
- A budget of £100 (minimum) to go and see new work
- A group budget of £2,500 to curate an event/artwork for b-side festival
- Ongoing support from b-side team (main contact to be Molly Scarborough)
The b-side New Curators programme is a training & support programme for those who are new to curating or site-specific curation.
You do not need any curatorial experience to apply.
The aim is to support New Curators in Dorset (or nearby) in building confidence and the experience to lead and curate further projects in the future. Therefore, we’re looking to support individuals who are interested in pursuing curation as a career – particularly those with an interest in learning more about curating events / artworks that are responsive and/or specific to place (and community).
You have to be 16+ to apply and live in Dorset (or nearby).
Monday 18th January, 8am
Video call interviews:
Monday 25th January
New Curators selected by:
Monday 1st February
New Curators first meeting:
Tuesday 9th February, 6pm – 8:30pm
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via Curatorspace here.